Assistant Manager, Environmental Health & Safety
The Assistant Manager of Environmental Health & Safety is responsible for researching requirements, drafting policies / procedures and leading all Environmental Practices. This position is also responsible for developing, implementing and monitoring environmental strategies that promote sustainable improvements.
- Designs, gets approval for, implements & manages effective policies, processes, procedures & programs to manage environmental requirements.
- Tracks compliance for the various Federal, State and Local environmental requirements.
- Tracks waste programs for compliance with all standards
- Manages the use of all environmentally related resources within the plant
- Develops schemes for recycling, pollution reduction and pollution prevention
- Serves as the Subject Matter Expert (SME) on all environmental requirements and approvals.
- Audits, analyzes and collates environmental performance data and implements effective improvements
- Stay current on industry requirements & best practices
- Investigates all internal and external environmental claims and manages investigation outcome to meet compliance & superior results
- Audit contractor environmental programs at least annually.
- Manage additionally assigned EHS programs.
- Lead all EHS requirements as an example for others to follow.
- Create a leadership culture of awareness, acceptance & adherence to the environmental requirements.
- Lead collaborative and informative meetings to resolve or improve environmental performance
- Proactively manage KPI requirements in order to reduce exposure and control risk
- Manage all Environmental programs / policies
- Clearly communicate environmental performance, goals & progress to all employees as appropriate
- Providing required & necessary environmental training
- Manage and account for the environmental assigned and additional budget
- Develop, maintain and train all team members in Superior Environmental & Safety practices.
- Assist the EHS department as needed as a Safety backup in various areas.
- High School/GED
- 4 Year Degree or comparable background of work related experience preferred