Electrical Technician, 3rd Shift
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Builds printed circuit boards, and electronic sub-assemblies. Constructs discrete or integrated electronic circuits. Calculates resistance, loads, currents and component sizes appropriate to the application.
- Performs the fabrication electrical and electronic systems and tests final assemblies.
- Responsible for periodic inspections of all scales, meters, controllers, recorders, and any other measuring devices used in the production of product or in facility support systems.
- Calibrates instruments to control or record accurately. Replaces, repairs and adjusts accompanying equipment to perform as designed.
- Performs PM#s, inspections and verifications on all control components.
- Maintains material lists and assists in preparing purchasing requests.
- Modifies and writes logic control programs; skilled in the diagnosis of electrical, mechanical, plumbing, and similar problems and apply appropriate corrective action.
- Reads & interprets schematic drawings and diagrams required to perform maintenance on, or install plant equipment.
- Responsible for the installation, maintenance and trouble-shooting on electrical and electronics equipment, as assigned.
- Performs frequency drives, writes drive logic in PLC code, creates HMI applications uploads and downloads PLC programs and HMI applications, programs ladder logic to troubleshoot equipment, integrates new processes into equipment, sets up network communications and sets up advanced routing of ethernet protocols.
- Participates in and successfully completes training directed at increasing job-related trade skills as mandated by management.
- Trains maintenance employees in keeping all equipment in good repair and reqularly services.
Associates degree or equivalent experience. 5-7 yrs. Experience required.
Advanced electrical and maintenance knowledge/experience required along with basic fabrication experience. Must be able to design electrical and electronic assemblies, draw and read electrical schematics. Must have skills sufficient to design and implant control circuits utilizing PLC#s, HMI, VFD#s and Servos. HAZMAT certifiable. Computer skills sufficient to operate a laptop/PLC & HMI programming software such as Allen Bradley, Square D, Siemins, Omron and SAP Maintenance Module. Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals. Ability to complete work orders, carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form and complete required paperwork. Ability to add, subtract, multiply, divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals and calculate figures and amounts such as proportions, percentages, area, circumference and volume. Electrical knowledge and ability to expand knowledge and skills via on-the-job and formal training. Must be able to lift 90 lbs.