Human Resources Supervisor
- Responsible for providing support to the HR Manager as it relates to the HR functions.
- Performs a variety of HR activities to enhance and sustain positive employee relations in an employee involved environment.
- Provides continuous improvement of employee’ s basic work skills, implement and coordinate employee involvement improvement activities.
- Recruits, screens, interviews and performs background checks. Refers qualified hourly and salaried applicants to appropriate management to maintain a quality work force geared to our progressive employment philosophy.
- Team with the HR Manager in planning and organizing new employee orientation program.
- Orients new hourly and salaried employees to the Plant policies, procedures, regulations, and fringe benefits including medical insurance and pension systems to assure that they understand conditions and benefits of employment.
- Team with the HR Manager to promote employee involvement throughout the Plant.
- Develop and write policies and procedures affecting both hourly and salaried employees, i.E., Employee Handbook, pending approval of the HR Manager.
- Administers on a daily basis the benefits program including employee inquiries, problem resolution and data compilation.
- Administers and maintains FMLA and STD in accordance with company policy and regulations.
- Identifies, coordinates and evaluates necessary training and employee involvement activities that support plant goal accomplishments.
- Maintains confidentiality on employee-related issues while notifying only those in a need-to-know capacity.
- Team with other Managers and Supervisors to ensure the effective implementation of the HR policies.
- Responsible for applying corrective and preventative action when discrepancies are detected.
- HR Payroll Representative in absence of HR Payroll Administrator.
- Performs other HR functions deemed necessary by the Human Resources Manager.
- Bachelor’ s degree required, Six Sigma certification a plus.
- 5-6 years of HR Generalist experience within a union manufacturing environment; automotive industry preferred.
- 2+yrs experience managing FMLA, LOA, etc.
- Experience working with union to resolve grievance issues.
- Hands-on experience with Orientation (salaried and hourly), Production Supervisor training and other HR training required by the Division and/or Company.
- Proficient at MSOffice and HRIS/Workday to generate regular and ad hoc reports.
- Knowledge of Payroll (Kronos) System or willingness to learn.