Oversees and coordinates the work of Maintenance and designated departments in accordance with company policies, manufacturing standards and methods, product requirements, quality standards and production schedules. Focuses on productivity improvement and cost reduction.
II. Essential Job Functions:
A. Directs maintenance activities on all production equipment, facilities and utility systems to provide a reliable production platform.
B. Plans, reviews, and approves the preparation of budgetary items and capital planning for maintenance department (long and short term).
C. Reviews the status of all maintenance with team members.
D. Reviews work schedules and manpower requirements.
E. Provides necessary training, support and guidance to team members.
F. Oversees spare parts control program.
G. Plans and implements effective procedures and policies for maintenance to ensure that all equipment tools, facilities and utilities are in an acceptable state of repair.
H. Monitors completion of projects to ensure that safety and quality standards are met.
I. Approves requisitions relating to new and replacement parts, supplies, machinery and equipment for the maintenance and designated areas.
J. Maintains total awareness of operations’ policies, regulations and procedures and ensures proper adherence to them with respect to all maintenance operations.
K. Maintains close surveillance over maintenance and tool and die operations to ensure scheduled work and material needs, proper use of manpower, skills, equipment and facilities, and proper application of methods.
L. Participates in management discussions and planning sessions related to cost reduction, product improvement, problem solving activities and operational performance.
M. Fosters team member involvement in continuous improvement activities.
N. Develops predictive and preventative maintenance program in conjunction with production management to ensure operability of all plant production equipment and facilities.
O. Performs and/or participates in 5S housekeeping, team activities, dress codes, safety rules and all other applicable company policies and procedures.
III. Minimum Qualifications/Requirements:
• Bachelor’ s degree in Business, Engineering, Manufacturing, Maintenance, Industrial Technology, or related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Minimum of 8 years of relevant maintenance experience.
• Minimum of 4 years functional leadership experience as a supervisor.
• Automotive industry experience preferred.
• Working knowledge and experience with the Toyota Production System preferred.
• Demonstrated knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job functions of a leadership role.
• Ability to troubleshoot and track equipment issues to perform root cause analysis and correct issues with equipment suppliers.
• Must have a good working knowledge of industrial technology.
• General understanding and working knowledge of skill areas including electrical, electronics, fabrication, hydraulics, injection molding, mechanical drives, pneumatics, robotics, stamping, welding, assembly and conveyor systems, and PLC programming.
• Ability to read and interpret blue prints, schematics, drawings, specifications, and technical instruction manuals.
• General understanding and working knowledge of manufacturing and assembly equipment and tooling including design, automation, robotics, or manufacturing processes (and all secondary related processes) relating to automotive interiors.
• Working knowledge of shop mathematics and the use of a variety of measuring devices and instruments.
• Ability to work with a dynamic team and demanding customer(s).
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, multicultural work environment.
• Ability to work with multiple departments and prioritize activities.
• Ability to maintain on-call flexibility to control abnormal conditions.
• Ability to be flexible in a constantly changing production environment.
• Active listener with effective leadership, communication, and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to diagnose problems for root cause and implement effective countermeasures.
• Ability to communicate and work well with all levels of the organization in a team environment.
• Ability to adapt available skills and equipment to respond to unforeseen demands and/or problems.
• Ability to implement plans to control and maintain safety, quality, 5S, cost, and efficiency for assigned areas.
• Strong organization, time management, and planning skills and ability to manage multiple tasks with tight deadlines.
• Ability to maintain records and compile data to prepare reports, manuals and proposals.
• Must be knowledgeable of budgets, costing, scheduling, customer requirements and preventative maintenance programs.
• Must have knowledge of all safety and environmental regulations.
• Ability to negotiate with external suppliers and customers.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills in English.
• Previous experience working with integrated computer programs and/or applications. ERP System experience (e.G., Oracle) preferred.
• Solid working knowledge and demonstrated experience with Microsoft Office and other computer-based applications (e.G., MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, Outlook, Internet, etc.).
IV. Work Environment/Conditions:
Office: Open Office Environment, moderate noise level.
Plant: Various types of manufacturing environments.
• Standard automotive plant environment with moderate to high noise level.
• PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) such as safety glasses, steel toe shoes, Kevlar sleeves, hearing protection, etc. May be required in designated engineering, manufacturing, or industrial areas. Personal attire standards may apply.
• Involves moderate or occasional presence of some slightly disagreeable conditions, i.E., cold, dust, heat, odor, etc.
V. Physical Demands:
While performing the duties of this job, the team member is required to talk, see, and hear. The team member must be capable of walking, sitting, and standing and is occasionally required to lift up to 30 pounds.