Production Manager (Stamping)
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Direct responsibility for maintaining high standards of manufacturing operations, product quality and reliability, on time delivery, productivity, and safety to meet established goals.
• Ensure department operating efficiency goals are met.
• Ensure that a safe and clean work environment is maintained.
• Manage daily operations to meet demand, cost, quality, and regulatory requirements.
• Build and maintain an effective team focused on continuous improvement aligned with the strategic objectives of the company Business Plan.
• Investigate, report and initiate solutions to cost, quality, and safety issues.
• Daily monitoring of coordinator and team leader floor activity for departmental compliance.
• Monitors scrap production and reduction efforts.
• Can manage in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities, also having a strong attention to details.
• Develop operating budgets; participate in cost reduction programs which are consistent with the short and long-term strategy of the company Business Plan.
• Responsible for the following reports: Quality trouble reports, monthly management review reports, weekly production reports.
• Manage, coach, counsel, and guide your direct reports with daily activities; such as, production flow and delegation, as well as clearly formulating expectations, goals, accountability, and professional development plans.
• Conduct annual review of all controlled documents, including the departmental documents to ensure the use and accuracy.
• Punctual and regular attendance is an essential responsibility of each associate.
• Must be able to work in a team environment.
This position manages all associates of the department and is responsible for the performance management and hiring of the associates within that department.
1. Assistant Manager (Salary Exempt)
2. Coordinator I (Salary Non-Exempt)
3. Team Leaders (Hourly Non-Exempt)
4. Directs (Hourly Non-Exempt)
Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor Degree (BA) from four-year College or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.