Basic Functions: The Material Control Analyst and all team members have the right and responsibility to shut down production in the event of a safety or quality issue.
- Generate material releases to suppliers on a weekly basis.
- Cycle count and investigate discrepancies of on-hand inventory.
- Familiar with QS9000, ISO14001 procedures.
- Immediate communication to Master Scheduler and Materials Manager of any likely material runouts.
- Secures prior approval from Master Scheduler and Materials Manager for any expedicted freight, conversion of part numbers to cover a shortage or procurement through non-direct supplier source (i.E. TMI).
- Responsible for monthly supplier ratings, by generating discrepant material reports.
- Responsible for validating packing slip to receipts, and monitoring production, scrap and other inventory-related data on the computer to accurately maintain inventory levels of production material.
- Responsible for scheduling of incoming production material to ensure adequate inventory levels.
- Responsible for analyzing cycle counts adjustments to ensure accurate inventory accountability and make recommendations to Master Scheduler.
- Monitors suppliers and expedite commercial carriers to ensure that deliveries scheduled are consistently met and any error rectified on a timely basis.
- Assists various other departments such as Accounting, Receiving, and Shipping in resolution of discrepancies.
- Responsible for updating and maintaining of computer data to ensure database integrity.
- Performs special projects and other duties as assigned by the Master Scheduler, which includes daily tasks and checklist.
- Utilize methods for continuous improvement.
Reporting Relationship: Master Scheduler
Education Required: College degree or equivalent experience.
Experience Required: Three to five years production control experience within a manufacturing environment. Strong Excel, menu driven software experience. Strong problem solving skills. Experience in computerized material requirement planning helpful.