This position will evaluate current processes, recommend and implement process changes, evaluate, design and install specialty equipment as well as support our continuous improvement and lean manufacturing efforts.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Take ownership for our manufacturing machines and are expected to be able and willing to troubleshoot machines along with our maintenance technicians.
- Analyzes equipment downtime to improve reliability and reduce maintenance costs
- Applies technical knowledge to innovate, design and develop equipment, fixturing, procedures, processes, tooling and/or automation
- Assesses process capabilities, identifies improvement opportunities and integrates new processes & equipment to maximize manufacturing throughput and velocity
- Conducts equipment / process audits and leads necessary improvement efforts
- Develops process documentation to meet quality system and safety requirements
- Improves manufacturing efficiency by analyzing and planning workflow, space requirements and equipment layout
- Responsible for KPI and manufacturing process flow improvements
- Trains and/or provides work direction to engineering technicians, maintenance associates, manufacturing engineers and manufacturing personnel
- Utilize Design of Experiments and process analysis to insure smooth transition from pre-production to production.
- Coordinate and participate in activities as needed with plant personnel (i.E. Project Engineering, Production Leader, Production Control, Quality Engineering, etc.)
- Be present for pre-production trials and equipment buy-off to make sure all necessary materials and equipment are in place for production.
- Assist in troubleshooting production equipment & recommend corrective actions.
- Maintain production documentation (i.E.-Setup instructions, work instruction, etc.)
- Develop machine specifications for new equipment, machines and tooling.
- Provides support on the manufacturing floor
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned
Mechanical Engineering degree
2-5 years experience as an engineer in a manufacturing facility preferred
Strong knowledge of current use & leading edge technologies
Able to learn about new products / technologies quickly
Strong knowledge of material processing, tooling and part fabrication
Proficient computer skills
Strong written and oral communication skills