Direct and manage all plant manufacturing, materials, and maintenance activities through supervisory personnel. Foster and promote a team environment within and between departments to aid in accomplishing plant goals. Responsible and accountable for results and achieving a competitive advantage in terms of safety, costs, methods, quality, delivery, operations, purchasing/materials and personnel. Plan for and direct the effective use of personnel and equipment, coordinating with Sales, Engineering, Purchasing, and other related support functions. Recommend changes to the overall operation of the plant through the use of company initiatives to keep safety, quality, and cost improvements moving forward.
- Coordinate and Manage daily production activities to ensure successful adherence to the production schedule. Manage the materials department.
- Establish operational strategies by evaluating operations trends; establishing critical measurements; determining production, productivity, and customer-service strategies; acquiring resources; resolving problems; and implementing change.
- Produce products that meet customer expectations by formulating, installing, and enforcing good manufacturing practices; developing and improving production procedures, methods, and techniques, and developing and enforcing inspection and quality assurance standards, procedures, and methods.
- Oversee plant maintenance activity through the maintenance department supervisor.
- Lead, train, and direct supervisors to accomplish plant goals.
- Resource management: balance the workload between value streams. Maintain department and shift sizes at optimal levels for safe and efficient production activity. Ensure that machines and equipment are properly operated and maintained.
- Ensure that adequate communication is in place between the production floor and support functions
- Review manufacturing results in key areas on an ongoing basis, compare to standard, and take action to improve unsatisfactory performance.
- Report, analyze & interpret financial and operating data/variances; develop and implement countermeasures where applicable.
- Bachelor’ s Degree in a technical or management disciple and 10+ years of relevant operational experience with a track record of increasing responsibility (MBA a plus)
- Results-driven, highly motivated individual with strong hands-on technical aptitude and demonstrated ability to excel in a high performance team oriented production environment
- Demonstrated record of excellence in continuous improvement and change management resulting in improved performance, efficiency, cost management, profits, quality, safety, and employee morale
- Ability to manage multiple, complex tasks and deal with pressure from a fast paced, dynamic daily production schedule
- Good project management skills
- Strong commitment and track record for safety and environmental regulations and requirements.
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Strategic thinker with strong planning/tactical skills, sense of urgency, focus on measurable results and ability to get things done.