The Production Planner will be responsible to structure the department and lead the production planning process working closely with operations, engineering, and sales to review customer orders, develop realistic delivery commitments, while efficiently utilizing each production line. The Production Planner will be responsible to develop a production budget, monitor and meet established inventory levels, and report the result of production and inventory balances.
Day to day responsibilities for the Production Planner will include:
- Develop and implement planning KPIs to report performance.
- Responsible to optimize production and inventory levels, while guaranteeing high level of availability.
- Identify and resolve problems with material, manpower, and capacity availability.
- Advises management the status of work in progress, material availability, and potential production problems to ensure that manpower, equipment, and material are ready to meet production requirements.
- Develop and monitor production budget and accurately report the monthly production result and inventory balances used to report the operation and financial results.
- Develop and implement ideal stock levels for each product to ensure proper safety stock.
- Visualization of key production processes to assure the efficient flow of material.
- Hire, train, and provide leadership to staff.
- Procurement and Supply chain management responsibilities.
- Provides leadership for establishing and maintaining a safe work environment.
- Proactively addresses and corrects all unsafe behaviors and conditions.
- Bachelor Degree
3 to 5 years in manufacturing environment.
Knowledge of material flow in a manufacturing environment. Understanding of Business Operations. Accuracy. Knowledge of Production Control and Logistics, Ability to Meet Deadlines. Steel, Forging, Automotive experience a plus, not required.