Production Supervisor, 1st Shift
Position Summary: Motivate, organize, and direct the employees in the paint, shipping /receiving, assembly and welding departments to complete their assigned tasks in a safe, efficient, and cost effective manner ensuring orders are shipped complete and on-time and ensuring customer satisfaction with a quality product delivered on time.
- Make sure departments are meeting daily shipping/receiving requirements and production requirements in a cost efficient and quality manner.
- Implement continuous improvements to improve productivity and quality.
- Schedule all work and personnel based on daily shipping/receiving, paint, assembly and welding requirements.
- Ensure that all associates within the departments are properly trained and provide training where needed.
- Coordinate and communicate with other supervisors as necessary to ensure a timely flow of product to meet shipping schedules.
- Emphasize the importance of and ensure a safe, healthy, work environment by ensuring compliance with government and company safety and environmental policies.
- Resolve all shipping/receiving, paint, assembly and welding issues in a timely manner.
- Provide appropriate assistance and referrals to employees regarding problems or complaints.
- Ensure all goods are properly received and stocked
- Order supplies as needed.
- Maintain and monitor inventory
- Counsel and discipline associates as needed.
- Experience in shipping/receiving processes including loading/unloading of trucks as well as paint and assembly.
- High School diploma required
- College degree preferred
- Minimum 5 years Supervisory experience in a shipping/receiving
- Proficient in driving a forklift
- Excellent communication skills
- Competent in understanding documents needed to ship and receive product.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, flexibility, and teamwork are required
- Must be dependable
- Must be able to follow through with instructions from the Plant Manager
- Must be able to focus on tasks at hand and complete them
- Ability to handle multiple tasks at the same time
- Working knowledge of 6S and Lean Manufacturing Principles
- Must be able to make decisions and accept responsibility for those decisions
- Excellent conflict resolution skills
- Knowledge of safety compliance regulations as they pertain to the department
- Work flexible hours (i.E. Overtime, as needed)