The buyer/planner manages an expenditure base of $1+ million per year for materials and/or services to support the company's aftermarket purchasing program. The buyer is responsible for procurement functions directly associated with the company's needs for direct/indirect materials and services, select production materials and services. These products and services are to be secured at cost quality and at delivery competitive levels consistent with company policy and performance standards. The position is further responsible for the timely planning and scheduling and receipt of products and services as assigned consistent with MS AX software requirements or as appropriately with a signed requisition.
- ERP Planning skills to manage and release planned purchase orders
- Manage and optimize assigned inventory while attaining company customer fulfilment goals.
- Understanding of supplier’ s abilities and constraints
- Ability to use good judgement to maximize cost savings, while minimizing inventory risk
- Knowledge and ability to validate planned purchase order demand
- Manage assigned supplier base and drive cost reductions goals while adhering to company KPI’ s
- Ability to research, source and qualify new suppliers
- Ability to review and negotiate contracts in the best interest of Wheelabrator
- Ability to read drawings, BOM’ s and part specifications.
- Ability to generate and communicate forecast to key suppliers
- Research and recommend substitute or alternative items or supply.
- Adhere to company ISO documentation requirements
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Education: Bachelor degree preferred with emphasis in business administration, economics
Experience : Five+ years purchasing or material control experience in a manufacturing environment.
Computer Skills: Advanced Excel and data analysis skills
Other Requirements: Active CPM or CPIM, CSPC or related certification