Under the direction of the Quality Manager is responsible for investigating problems and coordinating corrective actions. To be a liaison to customer and suppliers on quality and reliability issues.
1. Manage advanced product quality planning process for new model launch.
2. Write and implement procedures for gage and inspection standards, engineering changes, product audits, standardized work and any other quality related functions.
3. Supervise quality technicians and CMM Technicians in all quality related functions.
4. Evaluate proposed changes in design, process and materials to current specifications.
5. Investigate problems and coordinate corrective action and follow up with customers and suppliers on countermeasures.
6. Assist suppliers in developing quality systems which will improve quality and cost.
7. Customer contact for any problems, design issues, countermeasures and responsible for written verbal communications to all pertinent personnel.
8. Review technical publications to determine possible application of new methods, techniques and equipment.
9. Analyze reliability and quality performance through statistical analysis.
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: Quality Manager
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE REQUIRED: Bachelor’ s degree with statistical background or certified quality or reliability engineer through A.S.Q.C. Or 3 to 5 years’ experience in quality control or quality assurance.