Quality Lab Technician
Perform all levels of inspection and testing of parts and materials based on customer and internal requirements. To independently interpret engineering specifications accurately and communicate results clearly. Develop proper fixturing and part set-ups for accurate measurements.
- Perform Gage R&R, Capability studies, and record data in database, spreadsheet or on prescribed forms.
- Perform equipment calibrations and maintain calibration systems.
- Set up and perform all types of force/performance testing.
- Ability to follow and perform standard customer technical test procedures.
- Perform first article inspection, 100% part layout to all print requirements.
- Identify proper gauge/gauge types to use to measure part features efficiently and accurately.
- Set up, use, and interpret SPC variable data (X bar & R, Pareto) and attribute charts both manually and by computer.
- Clearly report methodology and explain variation to appropriate individuals for feedback.
- Assist in determining root causes and improve process.
- Properly use and program CMM/VMM equipment for consistent and accurate measurement.
- Perform environmental testing of parts and materials.
- Update quality standards documentation as necessary.
- Develop clear and accurate check fixture instruction.
- Follow all safety guidelines and expectations.
- Follow 5S housekeeping guidelines for designated area and facility.
- Other Management assigned task as required.
- Adhere to all safety guidelines.
Job Requirements and Qualifications
- Able to read and interpret blue prints.
- Basic CMM operation experience (1 to 3 years)
- Experience with hand-held measuring tools such as calipers, micrometers, height gages, indicators, etc. (3 to 5 years).
- Time management skills
- Microsoft Office Products with strong Excel skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving tools
- Familiar with TS and ISO systems.
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent.