Refrigeration Technician, 3rd shift
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Inspects air-conditioning, dehumidifiers, compressors, evaporators, safety pop-off valves, filters and freon refrigeration units daily for proper lubrications, coolant and oil level, proper air flow, and proper defrost cycles. Repairs malfuntions and does complete overhauls as needed.
- Maintains and checks boilers for proper operation and proper water treatment levels.
- Cleans evaporators and condensers to insure free exchange of air-flow and inspects REM evaporative coils daily for correct operation of fans & glycol pumps.
- Installs and replaces motors, pumps, switches, safety controls, solenoids, and fuses at all refrigeration areas. Repairs and replaces improper fittings and broken refrigeration pipes.
- Assists in the ordering of refrigeration parts and responsible for making sure all written refrigeration records are kept up to date.
- Performs more advanced refrigeration duties including but not limited to isolating ammonia lines and ammonia systems, replacing valves and ammonia pumps, resetting and restarting compressors, checking tension on spiral freezer belting, adding and removing modular freezer belting, calibrating temperature probes and calibrating CO2 monitors.
- Performs setup and tear down of equipment and may assist with major repairs and/or construction required to plant buildings and stationary equipment, fabrication of parts, and installation of new plant equipment.
- Maintains tools, equipment and supplies to maintain an orderly work area according to policies, procedures, and guidelines.
- Participates in and successfully completes training directed at increasing job-related trade skills and mandated by supervisor.
- Participates in Hazmat specialied training and assists with Hazmat team execution.
- Respnsible for training maintenance employees in keeping all equipment in good repair and regularly serviced.
- Performs fabrication of equipment used for processing and packaging.
- Performs all duties in compliance with company policies and procedures and in a safe manner according to State, Federal & company regulations.
2 year technical degree. 3-5 yrs. Related experience.
Knowledge/education of refrigeration maintenance, boilers, and ammonia compressors; HAZMAT certifiable. Ability to obtain boiler license. Ability to perform all duties of Refrigeration Mechanic 2. Advanced electrical and maintenance knowledge. Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to complete work orders, carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form and complete required paperwork. Ability to add, subtract, multiply, divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals and calculate figures and amounts such as proportions, percentages, area, circumference and volume. Mechanical knowledge and ability to expand knowledge and skills via on-the-job and formal training directed at increasing job-related skills as mandated by management, including all required OSHA training. Basic computer skills, including SAP Maintenance Module. Ability to obtain a valid forklift license. Ability to lift 90 lbs.