Responsible for researching requirements, supporting policies / procedures and assisting in leading the Company in superior EHS practices and promoting sustainable improvements.
- Supports effective policies, processes, procedures & programs to promote EHS requirements.
- Tracks compliance for the various Federal, State and Local environmental requirements.
- Tracks waste programs for compliance with all standards
- Supports the use of all EHS related resources
- Administers safety communication program
- Administers safety walk arounds program
- Audits, analyzes and collates EHS performance data and proposes effective improvements
- Stays current on industry requirements & best practices
- Investigates internal and external EHS concerns and supports investigation outcome to meet compliance & superior results
- Serve as a backup to the EHS A/M as necessary.
- Supports additionally assigned EHS programs as directed by the department managers.
- Leads all EHS requirements as an example for others to follow.
- Creates a leadership culture of awareness, acceptance & adherence to the EHS requirements.
- Lead collaborative and informative meetings to resolve or improve EHS performance
- Proactively meets KPI requirements in order to reduce exposure and control risk
- Actively supports all EHS programs / policies
- Clearly communicates EHS performance, goals & progress to all employees as appropriate
- Provides required & necessary EHS training
- Supports and accounts for the EHS budget
- Maintain and train all team members in superior EHS practices.
- Assists the EHS department as needed
- High School/GED
- 4 Year Degree or comparable background of work related experience preferred
Software Skills Required
- Department specific software as required