Job Number: EB-8610905971
Responsibilities and duties:
- Sets up and operates machine tools and fits and assembles parts to repair metal parts, mechanisms, tools, or machines.
- Determines dimensions and tolerances of piece to be machined, sequence of operations, and machines required by studying specifications such as blueprint, sketch, damaged part or description of part.
- Plans and executes assignment using machine tools ranging from lathes to milling machines.
- Utilizes precision measuring instruments to check accuracy of work.
- Schedule and order parts and equipment needed for new assembly lines
- Respond urgently during production hours in performing duties to assist maintenance.
- Conscious of cost and production impact of downtime on any machinery and equipment.
- Provide accurate and timely feedback about production machinery and equipment to tool and die supervisor.
- Adjust work procedures to meet production schedules.
- Testing and introducing new monitoring and control systems
- Monitoring deadlines
Specific function related duties:
- Automotive Metal Stamping Environment
- Setting up work places to suit production machinery design and in co-operation with production.
- Continuous implementation of preventive maintenance programs.
- Performs tasks associated with test and repair of equipment including taking apart and reassembling components after repairing or replacing parts.
- Four-year tool and tie apprenticeship or equivalent of minimum of two years experience as a tool and die maker. Preferred experience in automotive metal manufacturing environment.
- Requires machine shop training in mechanics, shop mathematics, metal properties and layout, and machining procedures.
- Good Communication Skills
- Experience in building and maintenance of production equipment
- CNC experience and CNC programming
- Computer literate
- Experience with progressive dies and blanking.
- Experience with 500+ Tandem and 2000+ ton Transfer press experience preferred.
- Must have equivalent of a high school diploma.