This position will be responsible for technical support for automotive stamping dies (progressive, transfer, robotic tandem, deep draw, etc.). Successful candidate will be responsible for implementing and managing engineering solutions, troubleshooting and product launches. Candidate must have leadership ability and the ability to work well in a team environment.
Requires 5-7 years of experience with metal stamping dies (Progressive, Blanking, Tandem & Transfer dies)
- Will be required to communicate with customers and visit customer plants when the opportunity presents itself.
- Manage Engineering changes when required and manage work with outside tool shops including the development of new tools.
- Ability to review tools, develop recommended spare parts lists, and coordinate with outside vendors to stock proper inventory.
- Monitor Tooling downtime and implement corrective actions for high downtime jobs.
- Identify and recommend current part " material deficiencies"
- Staying involved with Continuous Improvement team and projects
- Aid in the development of tool room staff
- Candidate must be familiar with trouble shooting and repair methods of stamping dies
- Knowledge and experience with welding common steel and tooling steel required
- Knowledge and experience with welding high strength steel, cast steel, and aluminum a plus
- Knowledge and experience of tool room equipment (Mill, Lathes, Surface Grinders, etc.)
- Knowledge and experience of CNC equipment a plus
- Certified tool & die designation a plus
- Engineering Degree a plus but not required
- Automotive experience preferred