Job Number: EB-1282504919
Assembly Group Leader
Supervises Team Leaders, Line Supports and Team Members within Assembly; reports directly to Assembly Assistant Manager; promotes positive team relations and demonstrates strong leadership through example. Manage the production process in order to meet company goals in compliance with the company’ s Core Values and the Employee Guidebook.
- Adheres to the company policies and procedures
- Learns, demonstrates and upholds company Core Values
- Supports and enforces compliance to all PTA Certification standards; Management System (TS16949), Environmental (ISO 14001) and Health and Safety (OHSAS 18001)policies and procedures
- Treats all PTA team members with respect and professional courtesy
- Always strives to maintain a positive work environment
- Performs additional assignments/ duties as required by management
- Leads by example adherence to all safety policies and procedures
- Enforces all safety policies and 5S clean philosophy to maintain a safe, clean working environment
- Consistently meets company safety goals
- Responsible for safety, quality, productivity, cost, and delivery targets for assigned area.
- Generates, understands and confirms performance reports.
- Promotes department goals by providing direction to all direct and indirect subordinates.
- Correctly manages employee attendance and leave for accuracy and business efficiency.
- Manages manpower according to approved Plan.
- Consistently demonstrates knowledge and skills necessary to perform assigned duties
- Validates department training of new or existing employees
- Demonstrates an active understanding of processes and procedures, standards and methods and leads others in the same
- Develops and implements improvements to process or equipment or procedures to improve safety, quality, and efficiency
- Ensures Team Members perform to policies, procedures, and training
- Develops the leadership skills and performance of the Team Leaders under their authority
- Exemplifies an open door environment
- Supports each department as required to achieve overall business goals
- Analyzes, countermeasures and reports daily downtime and quality issues
- Understands and applies correct LOTO procedures and leads others in same
- Administers first step disciplinary procedures Makes recommendation to hire, terminate and promote
- Enforces clean philosophy (5S) to maintain a clean working environment
- Builds and sustains positive team relations and effectively handles team relation issues
- Builds and sustains positive relationships with support organizations
- Directs all team members on his / her crew
- Communicates effectively to management and team members
- High School/GED (required)
- Associates degree (preferred*)* Equivalent work related experience (equivalency is figured generally as 2 years’ experience equaling 1 year of formal education) may be considered in addition to the “ Position Requirement”
- Reports to: Assistant Manager
- Direct Reports: 3 – 5
Position Requirements and Qualifications
- 4 - 6 years relevant job related experience required
- Shift rotation is required
- Overtime required as needed
- Assembly experience is required
Software Skills Required