Job Number: EB-4804236465
The Specialist position will utilize their skills to evaluate, develop and improve the manufacturing processes and methods in the Assembly and Test department while also focusing on Safety, Quality, and Production requirements.
- Learns, demonstrates and upholds Company Core Values
- Complies with all Company Certification standards; Management System (TS16949), Environmental ISO 14001 and Health and Safety OHSAS 18001 policies and procedures
- Treats all team members with respect and professional courtesy
- Always strives to maintain a positive work environment
- Manages the department budget efficiently as per approved annual budget
- Performs additional assignments / duties as required by management
- Adheres to all safety policies and procedures
- Complies with all safety policies and 5S clean philosophy to maintain a safe, clean working environment
- Consistently meets company safety goals
- Understands and analyzes equipment data
- Supports, as needed, counter measures for Inline and customer and market quality problems
- Develops, analyzes and continuously improves performance of assigned area in safety, quality, production, cost, and human factors.
- Evaluates manufacturing processes by designing and conducting research programs; applying knowledge of product design, fabrication, assembly, tooling, and materials; conferring with equipment vendors; soliciting observations from operators.
- Improves manufacturing efficiency by analyzing and planning work flow, space requirements, and equipment layout
- Creates and implements countermeasures for equipment & quality issues
- Works with tooling supplier to improve tooling and cycle times
- Works with equipment suppliers & contractors to install or improve equipment or processes
- Creates & Implements capital projects
- Must be hands on when problem solving and supporting equipment issues
- Analyzes and resolves work problems, and assists employees in solving daily production problems
- Coordinates and leads project activities assigned by management.
- Contributes to team efforts by accomplishing KPI goals
- Leads and reports on all projects to ensure competition of projects such as Improvements, corrective actions, capital investments, counter measures, new products.
- Trains team members in new processes or procedures
- Prepares reports and presentations as required on improvements, corrective actions, quality issues etc.
- High School/GED
- Bachelor’ s degree in Mechanical Engineering or related degree, or equivalent work experience or minimum of one-year experience as an engineer, or co-op experience in a manufacturing environment** Equivalent work related experience (equivalency is figured generally as 2 years’ experience equaling 1 year of formal education) may be considered in addition to the “ Position Requirement”.
Position Requirements and Qualifications:
- 4 - 6 years job related experience
- Work experience or course work in manufacturing or metal cutting
- Knowledge of metal casting, machining, assembly, quality or general manufacturing processes
- Understanding of machine components and function (hydraulics, pneumatic, bearings, tools, lubricants, PLC, G-code and automation)
- Ability to read and comprehend mechanical drawings
- Experience with CNC machine operation and programming systems
- Self-motivation and ability to work with little direction
- Excellent oral communication and listening skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Outstanding organizational skills
- General computer skills including MS Word, Excel and Outlook.
- A positive team attitude