Electrical Design Manager
LaGrange, GA 30240
The Electrical Engineering Manager has the responsibility of leading and developing the Electrical Engineering team to meet customer expectations of quality, cost and schedule.
Actively manages the implementation and driving of processes, metrics and design to cost principles as well as acts as a technical resource for the group.
- Establish technical direction while creating and implementing a vision for continual improvement of product and processes at a detail level as well as a higher organizational level works with others to resolve process issues.
- Identify, develop and deploy key metrics to drive the Electrical Engineering group to higher levels of overall performance.
- Responsible for leveraging available electrical subcontractors to execute electrical engineering requirements related to panel design, programming and field support.
- Work with Purchasing to obtain the best service and cost from Electrical Suppliers
- Review/Monitor progress on projects and provide technical assistance to ensure accuracy, completeness and quality of the deliverables (drawings, specifications, BOM)
- Provide expertise for team leaders and be available as a resource for teams and other departments to ensure the accuracy and completeness of the final product
- Attend project planning and progress meetings to contribute professional expertise
- Allocate necessary resources, internal & external, to projects ensuring technical, cost & schedule requirements are met.
- Develop Master Bill of Material for standard products including base programs with on/off capabilities for the most available options.
- Implement and monitor program storage and retrieval process for utilization of proven solutions on new applications.
- Active hands-on involvement in meeting team milestones/deliverables.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable regulations and ISO standards
- Strive to create a culture of accountability, team orientation and successful outcomes
- Monitors Engineering capacity and deploys resources to product family teams
- Participates in departmental training activities
- Participates in the hiring process of direct reports and Co-Op students
- Identify and participate in activities which result in better control strategies (modular programming)
- 5 yrs of technical management experience; Graduated from 3-4 yrs of an Electrical Program
- Proven ability to drive communications, meetings, includes exceptional attention to detail.
- 3+ years experience in managing electrical project requires for cost and delivery.
- Team based work philosophy centering on customer satisfaction
- Effective multi-tasker, able to demonstrate ability to handle change
- Experience with Allen Bradley, Siemens PLC, HMI software.
- Experience in AutoCAD electrical design software
- Familiar with electrical control components from various manufactures
- Familiar with electrical codes such as CEC, NEC, NFPA70, 70E, 79