Job Number: EB-1187149156
Prepare electrical schematics and designs according to engineering specifications using computer aided design equipment and various programming software. Design machines per customer’ s requirements. Interact with Manufacturing to Design for Manufacturing.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
- Develop electrical design concepts, panels, and assembly drawings and create electrical bill of materials.
- Specify control equipment with concentration on safety, functionality and protection of equipment.
- Review sale’ s order, customer specifications and related documents to ensure the design meet customer requirements.
- Prepare forms including; partial releases, final releases, revision releases, customer adjustments, approval prints, certified prints, and other forms required per ISO
- Interact with the plant and field representatives to resolve problems relating to a design. Travel is required.
- Work and interface with other departments by providing auxiliary support to EMP, Customer Service and Proposal Departments.
- Work with Mechanical Engineers on the design and operations of the design.
- Expedite releases to meet delivery or to resolve machine problems.
- Design, implement, and verify PLC programs.
- Coordinate and interface with other departments to affect solutions associated with company aftermarket business. This may include loading or classifying parts, providing technical assistance to sales or customers, and updating or improving past designs to facilitate completion of customer orders.
- Accountability - Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
- Accuracy - Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
- Customer Focused - Serves both external and internal clients by focusing effort on meeting the clients needs, understanding their concerns, and seeking to build trust.
- Analytical Skills - Ability to use thinking and reasoning to solve a problem.
- Creative - Ability to think in such a way as to produce a new concept or idea.
- Professionalism - Ability to present ones self in a polished and professional manner. Ability to handle multiple tasks and changes in priorities professionally.
- Deductive Reasoning - Ability to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems.
- Team Oriented - Strong emphasis as a team player that thrives in a changing team environment.
- Detail Oriented - Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task.
- Relationship Building - Ability to effectively build relationships with customers and co-workers.
- Innovative - Ability to look beyond the standard solutions.
- Organized - Possessing the trait of being organized or following a systematic method of performing a task.
- Technical Aptitude - Ability to comprehend complex technical topics and specialized information.
- Goal Oriented - Ability to focus on a goal and obtain a pre-determined result.
- Time Management - Ability to utilize the available time to organize and complete work within given deadlines.
- Problem Solving - Ability to find a solution for or to deal proactively with work-related problems.
- Research Skills - Ability to design and conduct a systematic, objective, and critical investigation.
- Project Management - Ability to organize and direct a project to completion.
- Safety Awareness - Ability to identify and correct conditions that affect employee safety.
- Communication, Oral - Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
- Communication, Written - Ability to communicate in writing clearly and concisely.
- Ethical - Ability to demonstrate conduct conforming to a set of values and accepted standards.
- Customer Oriented - Ability to take care of the customers’ needs while following company procedures.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Education: Degree in Electrical Engineering preferred
Experience: One to five years related experience preferred
Computer Skills: Strong skills AutoCAD design software and Windows Office applications.
Other Requirements: Understand and utilize fundamental design practices and demonstrate experience in product design using CAD and/or three dimensional modeling software
Good knowledge and understanding of the following:
- Component Sizing and Specifying
- Wiring Practices and Procedures
- Electrical Components and Circuitry Design
- Procedures for Project Completion
- Project Cost Relative to Design