Employee Relations Specialist
West Point, GA 31833
Team Relations Specialist
Serves as an advocate for hourly Team Members by supporting both hourly Team Members and front-line supervisors in conflict resolutions, communications, interpreting and upholding company policies, and promoting a positive environment in alignment to Company’ s Core Values. Acts as a liaison between Team Members and other departments (i.E. HR, EHS, GA) to obtain answers to questions or assist with problem resolution
Essential Roles and Responsibilities:
- Maintains daily communication with hourly Team Members to resolve routine questions and concerns, as well as gauge Team Member morale.
- Maintains daily communication with the Assistant Manager of Team Relations to ensure that management is aware of current issues and concerns.
- Helps front-line supervisors to ensure uniform application of company policies through internal audits, conducting investigations, and escalating issues for resolution to the Assistant Manager of Team Relations as appropriate.
- Supports front-line supervisors in conducting disciplinary investigations and serves as the Team Member’ s advocate in ensuring consistent treatment in accordance to company policies and procedures.
- Serves as a liaison to acquire needed information for Team Members or to arrange meetings with the appropriate personnel.
- Works in coordination with supervisors, managers, and administration to communicate information to Team Members in a timely manner.
- Enters corrective action reports into department database. Participates in facilitation of annual hourly Team Member Satisfaction Survey and data entry of responses in preparation for reporting results. Prepares, and may present, various reports, as requested.
- Maintains company bulletin boards and assists with creation of TV Messenger programming.
- Assists with administrative, communication, safety, and training issues.
- May conduct, or assist in conducting, company sponsored training.
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree (BA/BS) in Human Resources Management or related field.
- PHR Certification desired.
- 3-5 years of experience as an HR Generalist, TR Specialist, Recruiter or other similar role in lieu of education.
- PC literate, including Microsoft Office Products
- Ability to work a rotating schedule.
- Strong business writing skills; Ability to multi-task and deliver excellent customer service to Team Members.
- Ability to learn and apply investigation, documentation, and conflict-resolution skills.
- Ability to learn training facilitation skills to deliver training sessions to Team Members on various topics in support of union-free environment.
- Ability to monitor employee morale and act as a positive role model in improving company culture, communicating effectively, and promoting company’ s core values.