Injection Mold Process Engineer
Fountain Inn, SC 29644
Drives activities of technical team to achieve continuous improvement of injection molding processes. Works with production management production, quality control, and maintenance reports and statistics to plan and modify process activities to support customer requirements. Implements new methods and procedures designed to improve operations, minimize operating costs, and effect greater utilization of labor and materials. Responsible for participating in the development of new injection molding tools and processes that are received by the plant. Receives hand-off from the launch TE and transfers teams and owns production processes
- Responsible for injection molding related continuous improvement (e.G. Cycle times, scrap, quality, material cost reduction, regrind implementation, etc.)
- Develops plans for injection molding process improvement and will have specific areas of accountability in its execution
- Provides support on new product launch tooling, providing the manufacturing input for development of new process and improvements to existing processes and tooling.
- Takes hand-off of tools/processes from launch team and ensure smooth execution in operations.
- Follows established action plans for processes out of range
- Specifies project requirements and buy off of new equipment
- Work with Tooling Manager for all tool repairs and maintenance
- Maintains documentation closely following necessary timeliness on specific projects
- Enforce safety rules daily. Noncompliance of safety rules require support with HR on disciplinary action and/or termination.
- Actively intervene to correct recognized unsafe actions and conditions.
- Conduct daily observations of PPE use and safe work practices adherence and coach employees as needed.
- Ensure that all accidents including first aid are reported.
- Build credibility through continuous demonstration of safety as a value through their personal actions.
- Ability to complete employee development plans, organize, communicate, and motivate employees. Must be able to prioritize own work -day schedule
- A Lead Process Engineer meets with his team regularly and gives them updates on plant key measures improvement plan, and, project status. He may also meet with his counterparts, technical partners and customers
- Completes daily audit on his process department to insure process compliance.
- He conducts regular meetings with his teams, whether as a whole or through one-on-one discussions. They provide each team member an objective or goal that they will monitor progress or status on throughout the year. They then conducts performance reviews of team members and gives them feedback, as well as makes promotion recommendations or salary increases if and when applicable.
- The Lead Process Engineer also posts job openings, conducts interviews and hires and fires employees
- This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. The employee is expected to perform other duties necessary for the effective operation of the department and/or facility.
- Eight to ten years of experience, including three years in plastics processing and two years in supervision
- Ability to plan, organize, communicate, and motivate employees. Must be able to prioritize own workday schedule
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to understand necessary safety procedures and precautions
- Bachelor's Degree in Plastics Processing or Mechanical Engineering
- Three to Five years or more experience in injection molding processing required.
- Six Sigma Green or Black Belt.
- Superior injection molding processing skills
- Thorough understanding of scientific molding concepts (e.G. RJG Master Molder)
- Aptitude for problem solving and ability to demonstrate
- Experience with various injection molding technologies (e.G. Mold behind, two shot, gas assist, insert molding, robot programming, etc.)