Inside Sales Manager
LaGrange, GA 30240
Responsible for developing and implementing aftermarket parts sales initiatives and strategies within the territory to drive sales. Inside Sales Territory Manager is the primary inside sale contact for outside sales, service and customers and is responsible for retention/development of existing business relationships as well as new customer market share expansion. Interacts with cross-functional groups (e.G., Service, EMP, Credit, Operations, Engineering) to solve business and customer issues. This position is responsible for training and supervising the day-to-day operations of the customer service representative assigned to the territory. Analyze competitive environment and product costs to develop pricing strategies to grow sales and maintain acceptable profit margin. Responsible for reporting key metrics for the territory.
• Responsible for inside sales, timely response and coordination of activities between customer accounts, regional sales, service representative and all departments for the territory. Maintains favorable working relationships with all parties.
• Responsible for market research and analysis to drive territory sales growth.
• Responsible for overall sales margins and growth for the territory.
• Works with customer service representative to convert inbound inquiries into actual sales. Mentor customer service representative and actively assist him/her to develop necessary skills to assist with territory management.
• Reviews and approves quotations, contracts, customer required reports, and delivery that exceed the customer expectations.
• Measures and insures follow-up to completion on all quotations, orders, and customer account inquiries.
• Actively assist with resolutions of accounts receivable problems.
• Performs some travel as needed to meet job requirements.
• Maintains overview on all forecast deadlines and initiates action so that schedules are met in all regions.
• Ensures and trains on prompt and correct resolution of formal complaints, customer returns, and customer adjustment.
• Works with logistics and shipping coordinator in developing alternate carriers and solving customer delivery issues as requested.
• Handle confidential information and contacts where discretion is important.
• Required to train on and measure campaign strategies in order to acquire new business and revive business from inactive accounts.
• Must be proficient in legibly documenting all information as required to satisfactorily handle customer accounts, and to produce all weekly reports.
• Maintains and manages departmental ISO and 5S requirements.
• Performs weekly and quarterly reporting.
Education: Bachelor's Degree (four year college or university) is required or comparable work experience in supervision in a related field.
Experience: Minimum 5 years experience in Inside Industrial Sales.
Excellent PC application skills (MS Word, MS Excel, MS Office and CRM understanding). Ability to format and produce documents and reports as required.