Job Number: EB-5460877928
POSITION OBJECTIVES: To manage a proactive, comprehensive employee communication program, across department/district lines, and throughout the organization that demonstrates cooperative values, supports the cooperative’ s mission and helps achieve the cooperative’ s vision; to develop and implement effective employee communication strategy to support cooperative strategic planning, inform/educate employees on cooperative activities and industry issues; to coordinate communications messaging across all employee communication outlets; to evaluate effectiveness of employee communication channels, providing recommendations for continuous improvement and implementing those recommendations.
MINIMUM JOB SPECIFICIATIONS:
EDUCATION: Require Bachelor's degree in Journalism, Public Relations, or Communication. Prefer undergraduate curriculum including courses in liberal arts, business administration, psychology, and sociology.
EXPERIENCE: Require five (5) years of responsible experience in the field of journalistic writing, editing, intranet management, photography, and public relations with business or industry. Prefer experience in employee communication with a service type organization, particularly in the field of rural electrification.
KNOWLEDGE: Require working knowledge of principles and practices in the areas of journalistic writing, strategic employee communication, and employee recognition. Require working knowledge of photography, CMS and associated software applications. Require understanding of general business management principles, communication evaluation, electronic communication and strategic communications planning.
- Provide proactive employee communication counsel, collaboration and tactics for cooperative initiatives impacting employee, supervisor and retiree audiences; provide employee communication guidance, support and expertise for the development and implementation of cooperative programs and objectives; develop and manage communication plans.
- Develop monthly message content plan for internal channels.
- Develop and proactively manage the company’ s intranet, to effectively provide employees up-to-date information on cooperative activities, business developments and industry issues; communicate the cooperative’ s strategic planning process; recognize employee activities and involvement; foster an understanding of department/district interrelation; promote cooperative pride and commitment, and reinforce the cooperative’ s values.
- Develop and proactively manage the company’ s monthly newsletter, to effectively provide employees, retirees and board members up-to-date information on cooperative activities, business developments and industry issues; communicate the cooperative’ s strategic planning process; recognize employee activities and involvement; foster an understanding of department/district interrelation; promote cooperative pride and commitment; provide avenues for employee feedback; and reinforce the cooperative’ s values.
- Research, develop and produce, in cooperation with Human Resources & Employee Development, supervisor communication for information support, as well as leadership skills and values reinforcement.
- Research, develop and produce, in cooperative with Strategic Planning & Analysis, an electronic newsletter updating employees on the strategic planning process, strategic initiatives, departmental projects, and initiative/project status.
- Supervise development and creation of monthly newsletter, content, employee/retiree meeting coordination, employee orientation presentation updates, retiree Facebook content, internal digital display content, employee email newsletter and employee photo contest.
- Plan and manage ongoing research to evaluate use of employee communication channels and messaging effectiveness; make recommendations for continuous improvement; research and evaluate new employee communication channels and make recommendations for new outlets/mechanisms.
- Research, develop, implement and administer program to recognize and reward employee demonstration of cooperative values, and contribution to achieving cooperative mission and vision.
- Develop, implement and manage, in cooperation with Human Resources & Employee Development, an Employee Recognition and Rewards program that supports the cooperative’ s Values, Mission and Vision.
- Possess working knowledge of and utilize CMS and social media platforms, photographic and publication design software, and any other applicable programs.
- Supervise external vendors supporting these activities.
- Develop and administer a budget to support these activities.
- Attend job training and safety meetings as required or directed.
- Be familiar with and follow the best safety practices set forth in the Cooperative’ s Safety Manual.
- Actively participate in community and chamber of commerce activities as directed.
- Attend and participate in Annual Meeting as required or directed.
- Perform such other duties as may be required or directed.