Mechanical Design Engineer
LaGrange, GA 30240
Under general direction, initiates, plans, designs, and oversees major equipment modernization projects to meet customer requirements. Projects will be completed in accordance with existing company engineering design practices and standards.
• Develop design concepts, calculations, layouts, assemblies, pneumatic schematics, ventilation layouts, and detail drawings. Create associated bills of material.
• Review sales order, customer specifications and related documents to ensure the design meets customer requirements. Attend order launch meetings.
• Prepare required forms including; partial releases, final releases, revision releases, customer adjustments, approval prints, certified prints, EQST/assembly list, and other forms required by ISO procedures and work instructions.
• Update parts books in accordance with EMP orders.
• Interact with the plant and field representatives to resolve design related issues. Some travel may be required to verify EMP fit up and requirements.
• Collaborate with Electrical Engineers on the application and operation of specific designs.
• Coordinate and interface with other departments to effect solutions associated with Wheelabrator aftermarket business. This may include loading or classifying parts, providing technical assistance to sales or customers, and updating or improving past designs to facilitate completion of customer orders.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Education: Bachelor's Degree (four year college or university) in Mechanical Engineering preferred
Experience: Seven to twelve years related experience
Computer Skills: Strong skills in 2D and 3D design software and Windows Office applications.
Other Requirements: Understand and utilize fundamental design practices and demonstrate experience in product design using CAD and/or three dimensional modeling software. Understanding and experience in stress calculations and machine drive calculations, pneumatic and hydraulic components and controls, standard welding practices, bill of material structure, and revision control.