Sterling Heights, MI 48314
• Develop math based design proposals / studies based on manufacturing criteria and Customer driven requirements.
• Direct and execute Engineering Changes as it pertains to math models and drawings.
• Participate in integration meetings, virtual/design reviews and build reviews.
• Establish a strong and effective relationship with a cross-functional team of Engineering.
• Maintain Design issues list and drive items to closure to meet program timing.
• Conduct Design Approval Process completion prior to Tool Kick-Off POSITION REQUIREMENTS • CAD Design (NX) experience in Instrument Panels, door panels, consoles and interior trim – proven track record of success.
• Minimum of 5 years interior plastics design experience.
• Proficiency in TeamCenter Engineering PDM Tool.
• Skillful in creating conceptual designs.
• Knowledgeable in GD&T with the ability to apply to components and assemblies.
• Highly motivated to attain project objectives. EDUCATION REQUIREMENT Associates Degree / Certificate (Auto Body Design / Drafting & Design) and/or 10 + years of automotive interiors design experience.