New Model Manager
Steele, AL 35987
General Purpose of the Job
Direct and manage all assigned Engineering and Technical personnel and assets. Direct and control the estimating, procurement, development of equipment for all new model start-ups. Interface with customers, vendors, tool-shops and develop new technologies. Responsible for all activities associated with new model launch development and control. Oversee the reporting of Production System regular KPI reports in accordance with global requirements. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Position function includes, but not limited to, those set forth below.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage tooling development (quoting, design, procurement, construction, etc.).
- Prepare annual Budget and operate within its limitation.
- Prepare annual Business Plan and operate within its limitation.
- Direct, manage and control the piece part cost estimating process for new model development and transfer start-ups.
- Control all aspects regarding new model launch and development (cost, design, maturation, timeliness, sourcing, integration, automation, and development).
- Manage employment decisions, reviewing performance, developing goals, and making salary recommendations / adjustments.
- Manage work assignments for the department, training, and guiding the associates in the more complex phases of their work.
- Manage and resolve personnel issues.
- Manage and control prototype & production event processes and cost.
- Ensure adherence to Engineering Change control processes, APQP processes and any processes related to the department; regarding TS16949.
- Ensure adherence to cost effective procedures.
- Lead the New Model Review process.
- Lead continuous improvement initiatives.
- Utilize and be proficient with AutoCAD, CATIA and design software packages.
- Prepares / develops monthly Management Reviews for the department.
- Manage KPI Data reporting.
- Participates in weekly 3A layered audits on production floor.
- Leads New Model Review (NMR) Meetings with Honda.
- Conduct annual review of all controlled documents, including the departmental documents to ensure the use and accuracy.
- Punctual and regular attendance is an essential responsibility of each associate.
- Must be able to work in a team environment. This position manages all associates of the department and is responsible for the performance management and hiring of the employees within that department. Assistant Manager and Engineer
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor’ s degree (BA) from four-year College or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.