The Finance Manager – Operations is responsible for developing and communicating the financial valuation of inventory in order to support company supply chain. The supply chain encompasses internal and external manufacturing, factory planning, supply chain, procurement, distribution and warehousing, inventory control, quality, organizational performance, site operations and environmental health and safety.
The role reports directly to the Director of Operations Finance and partners with the operations teams to develop inventory management strategy for optimization. The role is also responsible for identifying risks in inventory value and managing appropriate financial reserves through budgeting and communications with leadership. Additionally, this role will be responsible for accuracy of inventory and related processes by utilizing, managing, and leading 1 to 3 hourly direct reports that will audit inventory values and work directly with operations to improve inventory management.
• Undergraduate Degree in Accounting, Finance or Economics. Skills and Experience:
• 5+ years of experience in finance/ cost accounting (GAAP Accounting)
• Minimum of 3 years in a supervisory or management financial role within a manufacturing or supply chain environment
• Cost accounting, financial modeling, and analyses expertise
• Strong analytical, problem solving and economic/financial modeling skills
• Demonstrated ability to foster and develop strong teams relations that partner with business teams to drive growth
• Ability to assess risks and opportunities within complex business situations
• Significant experience with ERP systems is strongly preferred
• Proficient use of financial systems and Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office (e.G. Excel, Word, PowerPoint - spreadsheet creation/editing – pivot tables, data analysis / manipulation and formula creation, etc. Power Point – presentation creation, editing)
• Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communications
• Manage processes for inventory valuation and reserves valuation for budgeting and periodic analyses
• Partners with Operations leadership to ensure security and physical verification of inventories and fixed assets
• Develop and deploy processes to minimize inventory obsolescence
• Lead and manage 1 to 3 hourly Cycle Counters with defined standards for accuracy and audit performance.
· Provides career development and coaching/mentoring to direct team
• Manages monthly and weekly reporting and forecasting for inventory value and related KPIs - including communications to senior leadership
· Ensures full internal control measures are in place and complied with according to the guidelines of internal and external audit and more specifically, Sarbanes-Oxley
· Collaborates with external auditing teams to ensure successful audit results and compliance.
• Manage monthly financial entries to ensure financial statement accuracy Cross-train with Operations Finance team to assist in covering functions such as product costing, financial reporting, and financial analyses