Production Control Specialist (Process Control)
Expectations: Accomplish day to day tactical objectives in support of the company and the department goals. Demonstrates adherence to company policies and procedures in support of safety, quality, delivery, cost and morale (SQDCM) initiatives. Embrace and promotes company core values to establish and maintain a culture committed to ethical practices, legal compliance and a union-free environment. Takes initiative to participate in training and developing opportunities to prepare for current and future challenges.
Role(s): Supports the Production Control Team through overseeing production downtime, solving part shortage issues, communicating with customer, appealing chargebacks, and daily reporting.
Essential Roles and Responsibilities:
• Manage production line downtime and create line downtime report for management.
• Provide solutions and alternative methods for resolving incorrect specifications on production lines, or unexpected production plan changes.
• Track implementation of engineering changes and communicate these changes to production team.
• Communicate to the customer any part shortages or empty skids that have the potential to impact the customer. Work with customer to adjust the production plan in these cases.
• Process and submit replacement module orders to the production lines and coordinate delivery to the customer.
• Compile and distribute daily reports such as production log, replacement parts, and missed bumper install log.
• Enter replacement orders (M-orders) as required.
• Be familiar with all components in facility, supplier, lead time, etc.
• Basic understanding of Bill of Material (BOM) concepts
• Understand and be able to generate forecast plan in all forms: hourly, daily, weekly, and monthly.
• Other tasks as assigned.
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements:
• 0-3 years of experience in manufacturing /automotive environment
• Bachelor’ s Degree (Mechanical Engineering or related field)
• PC literate, proficiency with Microsoft Office Products
• Lean Certification
• Strong Communication skills