Job Number: EB-3753561980
Manager of Operations
- Proven leadership experience in a fast paced manufacturing environment. Preferably in an automotive manufacturing position. Forging experience is a plus.
- Must be capable of developing a strong teamwork environment.
- Must be strong in developing group leaders and holding team members accountable for their actions.
- Must be capable of identifying root cause of shift turnover and develop countermeasures to correct those issues.
- Must be capable of training new team members in all aspects of the job.
- Must be comfortable with administering disciplinary measure to team members who break policy and procedures.
- Strong troubleshooting ability within all aspects of manufacturing: Safety, Quality, Productivity and Cost.
- Must be capable of developing action plans to correct inefficiencies within all areas of manufacturing.
- Must be able to direct across multiple departments in order to maximize troubleshooting efforts.
- Strong Analytical ability.
- Must be capable of identifying key variables within the shift that are hindering metric achievement.
- Must be capable of collecting data and putting that data into a presentable format for upper management.
- Must be capable of developing countermeasures to address failures and track the countermeasure to determine success.
- Must have strong computer skills: (Microsoft Office)
- Strong communication skills
- Must be able to confidently direct up to 60 team members on shift.
- Must be able to track performance of team member and give prompt feedback to how they need to improve and what they are doing successfully.
- Must be able to hold meetings with team members and present management directives as well as training material.
- Must be able to communicate in management meetings and show plans for necessary performance improvements.
- Strong quality background
- Must have prior experience within a quality driven role. This would include understanding part specification and customer specification requirements.
- Must be able to communicate required quality metrics and drive activities to adhere to process requirements. This includes auditing process work instructions and verifying all functions are being accurately completed.
- Must be able to read blue prints and train employees on key factors affecting quality with the shift.
- Strong 5S and Kaizen background
- Proven ability to manage and sustain a 5S program.
- Must have Kaizen knowledge and ability to teach and foster a kaizen environment.
- Must have mastery of the PDCA cycle and ability to implement and follow through on the process.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’ s degree in engineering, management, or quality. Forging experience a plus.
- Six Sigma green belt or higher. Quality training or formal troubleshooting training will be considered.
- Strong computer skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Proven leadership experience.
- Demonstrated progression with increasing responsibility within an organization.