Production Control Planner Position (Demand/Material/Supply Chain)
The Production Control Planner will manage inventory availability to meet customer release requirements by analyzing demand, planning and placing affiliate orders, monitoring incoming material status and initiating actions to maintain on time customer supply flow and delivery requirements.
This role is responsible to monitor customer demand while carrying minimum effective inventory. This position will provide day to day logistics planning, customer service, and support for customer. Responsible for providing the manufacturing floor with a monthly production plan consistent with the plant capacity and sales forecast with the lowest overall product cost following the company’ s cost accounting guidelines. Provides a high degree of planning analysis to support decision making by being responsible for maintaining the desired inventory levels, including safety stock levels for finished goods.
1. Manage procurement of raw materials, material planning and inventory control.
2. Flow of inventory - making sure products are properly shipped to customers and on time.
3. Update Master Production Plan, monitor ongoing plan vs. Actual. Identify gaps and drive solutions, communicate and report key metrics in a timely manner.
4. Maintain a rolling 4-month production plan for designated products, utilizing the production capacity and taking into consideration the sales forecast.
5. Analyze, identify risks associated with the options built into the Production Plan, including manufacturing lead times.
6. Coordinate outbound and inbound transportation, using optimization to include consolidation, aggregation, best carrier and mode in a proprietary Transportation Management System to ensure manufacturing and customer satisfaction.
7. Provide timely communications and customer service functions in a multi-client environment.
8. Plan raw materials inventory levels and guarantee forecast accuracy to supplier to meet profit, inventory targets and goals.
9. Manage schedules and PO releases for direct suppliers of raw material.
10. Expedite material, negotiate with supplier where needed, to improve shortfall between current plan and new requirements to meet or exceed customer expectations.
11. Expedites emergency orders critical material from shop, vendors and suppliers to meet customer first confirmed dates.
12. Ensure customer requirements are received, analyzed and processed as expected from all sources customer systems.
13. Performs other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERTISE:
Strong knowledge and practical experience of production, inventory and planning systems and in utilizing analytical tools, spreadsheets, excel and databases to develop metrics, reports for strategic and daily planning and communication.
3 + years in Supply Chain Management (Production Planning, Material Planning, warehouse, Customer Service)
• General knowledge of ERP system
• Strong knowledge of Materials Management and Capacity Planning
• Experience in MS Office (especially Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook).
• Industry Expertise (Transportation industry knowledge, including key terminology; and, general knowledge of primary customer industries)
• Bachelor’ s degree
• Service Orientation (Providing exceptional service to internal and external customers)
• Strong customer service skills.
• Strong multitasking skills.
• Ability to work under pressure while maintaining professionalism.
• Commitment to work in a team environment.