Job Number: EB-2865691740
quality Control Specialist (40k-50k)
Accomplish day-to-day tactical objectives in support of company and department goals. Demonstrates adherence to company policies and procedures in support of safety, quality, delivery, cost and morale (SQDCM) initiatives. Embraces and promotes company core values to establish and maintain a culture committed to ethical practices, legal compliance, and a union-free environment. Takes initiative to participate in training and developing opportunities to prepare for current and future challenges.
Supports the execution of quality management systems, procedures and policies through the use of metrology, statistical process control, and physical inspection. Conducts application and analysis testing and inspection of parts and processes in order to ensure standards are met; uses same to develop, operate and improve quality control systems. Supports and advises management on all aspects of quality control.
- Support operations and engineering by identifying process improvement opportunities within MOBIS supply chain.
- Understand KD part details and functions
- Review product and process non-conformance to establish and implement correctives actions to reduce OS&D.
- Utilize Quality Management System (QMS) to manage OS&D defect details and MQIR.
- Manage downtime chargeback and non-conformace chargeback to suppliers.
- Attend weekly EO meeting to receive new Engineering Order Change (EO)details and share ISIR and sample status.
- Manage EO/4M change ISIR with KMMG and follow-up on approval status.
- Participate video conference call with MOBIS HQ to discuss EO changes and non-conformance.
- Participate on cross-functional teams with other departments, business, and engineering disciplines.
- Provide independent oversight and review of deliverables throughout the lifecycle of each program.
- Assist in defining/developing quality program status indicators, performance measurements and reporting requirements.
- Assists with implementing inspection plans, FTTQ, In-process, final inspection, sampling, and inspection acceptance criteria.
- Apply problem solving methodologies in identifying, prioritizing, communicating, and resolving all quality issues.
- Other tasks as assigned.
Minimum Job Qualifications & Pre-Requisites
Experience: 0-3 years
Education: Bachelor's Degree (BA/BS), preferred
Degree Field: Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or a related engineering field, preferred