Steele, AL 35987
General Purpose of the Job
Quality Assurance (QA) aims to ensure that the product or service company provides is fit for purpose and meets both external and internal requirements, including legal (warranty) compliance and customer expectations. The Quality Manager coordinates the activities required to meet the quality standards.
The Quality Manager also monitors and advises on the performance of the Quality Management System and produces data and reports on performance, measuring against set indicators. The Quality Manager is a liaison between other departmental managers and staff throughout company to ensure that the QA system is functioning properly. The Quality Manager provides training, techniques, and other tools to enable others to achieve quality. The Quality Manager facilitates all Quality Circle activities and ensures the Continuous Process is adequate and functioning actively at company. Position functions include, but are not limited to, those set forth below.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Promoting quality achievement and performance improvement throughout company.
- Setting QA compliance objectives and ensuring that targets are achieved.
- Assessing the product specifications of the company and its suppliers and comparing with customer requirements.
- Working with Purchasing Department to establish quality requirements for suppliers and scheduling of supplier QAV to access supplier base.
- Ensuring product compliance to National and International Standards; including Corporate Governance standards as they relate to quoting and warranty and product components as they relate to ELV requirements.
- Establishing clearly defined quality methods for company staff to apply / follow.
- Defining quality procedures in conjunction with other QA members and company management.
- Ensure all TS16949 procedures are met / monitored within the QA department.
- Setting up and maintaining controls and documentation procedures.
- Identifying relevant quality related training needs and preparing / delivering training.
- Analyzing performance data and charts against defined parameters.
- Ensuring test and procedures are properly understood, carried out and evaluated and that product modifications are investigated / implemented if necessary.
- Supervising technical staff in carrying out test and checks.
- Writing technical and management systems reports.
- Bringing together the company Management group and driving the group to plan, formulate and agree on comprehensive quality procedures.
- Persuading reluctant staff to change their way of working to incorporate quality methods.
- Liaising with customers’ and ensuring the execution of Corrective Action and compliance with customer expectations.
- Monitoring performance of product by gathering relevant data and producing statistical reports.
- Report all Corrective Actions to customer, as required.
- Lead 3A weekly audits of processes, maintain log of nonconformance’ s and ensure appropriate corrective Action from findings.
- Manage New Model Quality documentations (fixture concepts, PFMEA, PQCT, Inspection Data Sheets, etc.) and ensure documentation is correct and submitted to customer as required.
- Lead HAB New Model requirements for quality including ensuring schedules and activity is completed on time and reports are submitted to customer and examined thoroughly for improvement at next event.
- Monitor Supplier CA’ s to ensure effectiveness.
- Prepare annual Quality Department budget and operate within its limits.
- Prepare annual Quality Department business plan that relates to overall company plan and ensure QA department, as well as other departments, operate within the plan.
- Manage and resolve personnel issues within Quality Dept.
- Interview and hire all Quality Dept. Personnel.
- Ensure Continuous Improvement throughout company by promoting and leading Quality Circle activity; including the training of non-salaried personnel on Situation Analysis, Root Cause Analysis and PDCA.
- Assist and train associates on Power Point presentations to allow the team to present their Quality Circle Activity and material to company Sr. Management.
- Ensure the Management team at company understands the 16 step Quality Circle process; promote their support of the activity and monitor and report departmental activity.
- Mentor and prepare Quality Circle teams for presentations both within company and at competitions; including company competition and Honda CAN conferences.
- Attend monthly SCAN meetings with Honda and other Southern Suppliers to understand the current conditions at Honda, improve our Continuous Improvement processes by benchmarking other suppliers and representing company in a positive manner.
- Consider Safety, Environmental and Health related issues when setting up procedures and testing within the QA dept. Report any potential risks to the HR Manager and ensure Corrective Actions are taken immediately to always protect staff at company.
- Must maintain regular attendance to acceptable standards.
- Must be able to work in a team environment.
Champion the following areas for QMS:
- 2. Control of NC Product Process
- 4. Preventive Action Process
- 6. IPP Process
- 8. Monitoring and Measuring Process
- 10. Statistical Process Control Process
- 9. Calibration Process
- 7. Incoming Inspection Process
- 5. IPPAAR Process
- 3. Corrective Action Process
- 1. Continuous Improvement Process