Job Number: EB-1454825108
Position Summary Assure quality production through supplier control by implementing effective incoming inspection and feedback of internal and external quality issues to suppliers. Monitor trends and require corrective measures. Drive plant quality efforts through strong leadership, data driven decisions, and consistent application.
Adheres to the company policies and procedures
Learns, demonstrates and upholds company Core Values
Complies with all company Certification standards; Management System (TS16949), Environmental ISO 14001 and Health and Safety OHSAS 18001 policies and procedures
Treats all team members with respect and professional courtesy
Always strives to maintain a positive work environment
Plans, get approval for and manages the department’ s annual budget
Efficiently manages the approved budget for optimal output / gain
Performs additional assignments / duties as required by management
Responsible for meeting and / or exceeding monthly KPI targets.
Complies with all safety policies and 5S clean philosophy to maintain a safe, clean working environment
Assures periodic durability testing of transmissions is performed to customer requirements and reports the result to management.
Assures periodic in-vehicle testing of transmission for shift quality and noise evaluation is performed to customer Engineering Standards and reports the result to management.
Requires action plans from supplier for any quality issue to correct internal and external part issues.
Supports purchasing department to implement an effective supplier audit process.
Develops and maintains cost of quality system to monitor and track cost pertaining to CKD supplier quality.
Reviews and approves supplier ISIR’ s/4M change approval request.
Manages system to request and track engineering change and CKD sample parts for customer approval as needed.
Maintains, tracks effectiveness, and reports CS1, 000, 000 and Warranty Claim information.
Supports all TS16949 activities.
Works in conjunction with Management Team to develop a quality management system that will ensure products exceed customer expectations.
Plans, develops, implements and audits processes to meet external customer requirement and objectives are maintained.
Creates, implements, and maintains quality process control system that advocates quality assurance in lieu of inspection.
Works closely with manufacturing to resolve problems of product design, specifications, materials, tooling and processes affecting quality.
Coordinates activities to resolve customer complaints, salvage and field return transmission issues in accordance to the CAR process.
Education: 4 Year Degree or comparable background of work related experience
Position Requirements and Qualifications
7 - 10 years job related experience
3 – 5 years of supervision
SUPERVISORY COMPETENCY Effectively demonstrates leadership/management competencies; communicates critical issues to manager in a timely manner; meets deadlines; manages and resolves conflicts in a positive manner; creates a positive work environment; coaches and mentors Team Members; facilitates Team Member learning; clearly defines development expectations; measures results/outcomes; understands importance of labor relations; manages Team Member/ unit performance; determines objectives/strategies; controls budget/resource utilization; meets unit/department goals; effectively uses process/project management principles; demonstrates and applies policy and procedures to achieve area business results; develops and implements countermeasures to eliminate root cause and prevent problem recurrence; provides data as needed.
- Communication: Works to insure respectful, timely, accurate and appropriate communication across all levels of the organization.
- Initiative: Identifies problems and takes action in light of this identification to address current or future problems. Proactively does things and does not simply think about future actions.
- Engagement: Engages team members in developing goals, executing plans and delivering results (output). Motivates team members through clear and consistent communication. Models adaptability. Uses collaboration and influence skills to achieve successful outcomes.
- Leads by Example: Sets a good example for subordinates to follow. Does not ask subordinates to do anything he/she is not willing to do.
- Customer Service Orientation: Focuses efforts on discovering and meeting the customer’ s needs. Develops trust in all relationships internally and externally.
- Work Habits: Efficiently organizes and executes assignments. Demonstrates self-discipline and reliability.
- Analytical Skills / Problem Solving: Understands situations, problems, or issues by breaking them down into smaller pieces, or tracing the implications of a situation in a step by step way. Systematically organizes the parts of problems. Makes systematic comparisons of data or aspects, prioritizing, planning, and developing countermeasures.
- Flexibility / Adaptability: Adapts and works effectively in a variety of situations and with various individuals or groups. Seeks and appreciates opposing perspectives on issues. Adapts approach as the requirements of the situation change. Changes or easily accepts change in organization or job requirements.
- Works Safely: Strives for an accident-free workplace. Keeps safety at the “ heart” of everything done. Treats safety as a personal responsibility and sees oneself as being responsible for the safety of others.
- Team Work: Contributes meaningfully to work group efforts by offering new ideas for improvement. Demonstrates a cooperative manner in dealing with supervisors and other team members. Does his/her part toward group efforts.
- Mutual Respect and Support: Works cooperatively with others. Welcomes and takes advantage of opposing ideas and opinions. Is always respectful to others.