The Customer Quality Engineer is responsible for solving problems present on the customer and aftermarket, and implementing solutions under tight deadlines (8D, 3Panel). Also following up with engineering changes, process and product to submit PPAP on time to our customer
Duties and Responsibilities (but not limited to):
• Manage quality liaison team (8 quality techs)
• Responsible for solving problems present on the customer and aftermarket, and implementing solutions under tight deadlines (8D, 3Panel).
• Perform and follow up with customer and internal audits.
• Maintain Customer Satisfaction through direct communication.
• Ensure all necessary reports, documentations and samples are submitted to customer in a timely manner.
• Responsible to attend customer complaints. Coordinate all the activities for implementation of corrective actions.
• Provide service at customer facility, coordinate all the activities needed for the implementation of containment action in place.
• Leading PPAP activities to ensure PPAP’ s are completed on time and supporting production team to ensure proper launch and ability to meet customer /PPAP expectations.
• Conduct process audits to identify product or process quality deficiencies and opportunities for improvement
• Submit technical reports on a Daily base
• Assure, monitoring and report customer satisfaction
Technical Skills Required:
• Core Tools (SPC, MSA, PPAP, APQP)
• 5 Phases, Drill Deep & Wide, 8D’ s, 3 Panel’ s
• Computer and software expertise
• GD&T- Drawing Interpretation
• Customer Satisfaction oriented
• Data driven & results oriented
• Complex data analysis
Education /Working Experience Required:
• Bachelor’ s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Industrial Engineering or equivalent experience.
• 2-4 years of experience in an automotive manufacturing assembly environment preferred.
• Must have at least 2 years of Supervisory/ Managerial experience in an automotive manufacturing environment.