Robotic Controls Technician
Greater Birmingham, AL 35901
Robotic Controls Technician.
High volume, fast paced Tier 1 supplier of manufactured automotive metal components - TS16949 ISO 14001 metal stamping and welded assemblies - for the automotive industry is searching for a Controls/Automation Technician to be responsible for supporting manufacturing on a daily basis. Will lead and direct the quotation, design, build, debug and qualification, installation and maintenance of new assembly and equipment. Responsibilities include:
- Perform controls function for the press Maintenance Department.
- Controls include FANUC Robots, ABB, MIG, PLCs Control Logix, and Siemens systems.
- Programming Fanuc Robots, presses and Allen Bradley HMIs, PLC programming panels using Allen Bradley RS Logix, Panel Building Software
- Support operations in electrical / controls troubleshooting performing continuous improvement providing maintenance support for existing equipment
- Troubleshoot controllers
- Maintain PLC based control systems on manufacturing automation and instrumentation
- Work with maintenance on troubleshooting and equipment repair
- Improve line production
- Pursue cost reduction and quality improvement
- Minimum of 3 years experience in a Controls/Automation/Maintenance role in a manufacturing environment.
- Automotive Metal Stamping experience preferred.
- Excellent Robotics knowledge and experience.
- Must possess a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Must be able and willing to pass drug and background screen.