Job Number: EB-1414078806
Supply Chain Manager
- Manages all areas of Materials Department including the receiving, scheduling warehousing, and shipping activities.
- Assume primary role in developing departmental systems, procedures and policies involving purchasing, production and material control. Interface with Quality Department to stay in process for all systems.
- Oversee production schedules, including material procurement and manufacturing schedules. Monitor reports and communicate with staff to ensure sufficient materials are available to production and ensure inbound raw materials and outbound shipping schedules are maintained.
- Develop supplier relationships to ensure a continuing source vendor. Work with Corporate Purchasing as a resource for supplier information and meet locally with supplier representatives.
- Keep informed on availability and price trends on new materials, products and sources.
- Devise methods and policies ensuring most efficient and economical movement of all materials in and out of the plant. Follow Quality procedures to effect change through procedures, work instructions and training.
- Take necessary actions to eliminate delays so as to ensure adherence to production and shipping schedules. Create work flow changes as necessary on an on-going basis for prevention plan for timing issues. Communicate all changes to staff members to ensure engagement and comprehension.
- Directs the usage of material to produce the product taking into consideration numerous variables. Assesses and anticipates material trends and usage based on initial information for new and on-going programs.
- Develops systems and programs to insure effectiveness of the department within quality guidelines and formats
- Participates in annual budget forecasts. Reports costs for material and labor within Material Group to Plant Manager as necessary.
- Oversees prompt shipment schedules to ensure customer requirements are met using resources/tools available, developing assessments and metrics for on-going performance.
- Analyze future customer demand to identify manpower, tooling and equipment needs.
- Coordinate physical inventories and entry of same in accordance with established processes. Evaluate and report significant inventory variance, identify root cause and corrective action for inventory discrepancies.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field
- 10 years’ experience in manufacturing, production planning and material management preferred
- Previous experience in material planning/purchasing. Additional Buyer experience in repetitive, just-in-time manufacturing beneficial.
- Expertise in use of MRP systems
- Previous management experience