Tool & Mold Maintenance
McCalla, AL 35111
The Ideal person must be willing to work 2nd or 3rd shift. Shift schedules are 3: 00pm-11: 30am and 11: 00pm-7: 30am. This position has limited overtime and will work 5 days a week.
- Perform preventative maintenance on molds.
- Convert molds to meet customer requirements.
- Repair molds to maintain top tooling efficiency.
- Trouble shoot and repair mold in presses to eliminate down time.
- Observe safe rigging and mold handling practices.
- Troubleshoot molds for efficient operation and research for repeat problems.
- Check and replace hot runner electrical components.
- Complete mold repair work order and mold repair work sheet.
- Ability to run tool room equipment safely
- Hands on welding handwork / polishing spotting, repair injection molds using hand tools.
- Diagnoses and corrects problems in complicated molds, tools and fixtures.
- Maintains specifications by observing drilling, grooving, and cutting, including turning, facing, knurling and thread chasing operations, taking measurements, detecting malfunctions, troubleshooting processes, adjusting and reprogramming controls, sharpening and replacing worn tools, adhering to procedures and processes
- Sets-up mills and lathes by installing and adjusting three- and four-jaw chucks, tools, attachments, collets, bushings, cams, gears, stops, and stock pushers, indicating vices,
- Strong communication and ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Active learning, judgement and time management.
- Handle multiple tasks/projects simultaneously.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Must be a team player.
- Be able to work in a union environment
- Certificate/ journeyman’ s papers / Mold maker certificate or equal.
- 5 plus years injection mold repair experience
- Mold makers must have high diploma or GED, High School Diploma, or Associates Degree.
- We also look for applicants with multiple years’ experience in mold making or mold maintenance, 5 Plus years.
- Experience with Hot Runner Systems, Electrical Wiring, and Preventative Maintenance preferred.