Job Number: EB-6733403601
Summary: Responsible for supporting the Customs compliance activities, specifically supporting the daily activities with regards to Company's Free Trade Agreement (FTA) and CTPAT programs.
ESSENTIAL PRIMARY DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES (including but not limited to)
Free Trade Agreement (FTA) Activities: Manage daily activities with regards to FTA’ s between two or more nations, that determine the tariffs, or taxes and duties that the countries impose on imports and exports to include NAFTA, KORUS, and other FTA’ s. Activities such as, but not limited to, the management of Company’ s FTA portal, RVC calculation and reporting, and audits
Prepare and submit required documentation to Company distributors, and to both U.S. And foreign Customs and other Government Agencies. This includes Country of Origin Certificates and annual Average Election Certificates.
Government Programs Coordination including validation, audit and reporting of Customs-Trade Partnership Against Terrorism (CTPAT) and Importer Self-Assessment (ISA).
Import Compliance Management: Ensure the full compliance for import operational activity for Company, based on US Customs and Border Protection (CBP) regulations of US government and its agencies.
Export Compliance Management: Provide support to Company in compliance risk management, i.E. The risk of legal or administrative sanctions, financial losses or reputation deterioration for failing to comply with laws, regulations and legislation, codes of conduct and good practice (“ laws, regulations and rules”).
Process improvements, mentoring and training, and other projects needed to support the team.
QUALIFICATIONS and JOB REQUIREMENTS (Education, Experience, Competencies):
- Bachelors’ s degree in Business, Logistics or related field along with two (2) to five (5) years of progressive experience in the Logistics field in a manufacturing environment preferably within the automotive industry, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Import and international logistics experience.
- Experience with Free Trade Agreements and FTA calculations, Harmonized Tariff Schedule (HTS), and CTPAT is required.
SPECIALIZED SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED:
- Ability to understand and apply FTA General Notes and Rules of Origin.
- Experience using Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Access.
- Experience with SAP system preferred, specifically SAP Global Trade System