Job Number: EB-1159547895
Warehouse Manager ($75-100K): person currently leading the warehouse didn’ t have warehouse experience coming in so everything has been learned OTJ but now they need a true warehouse manager. Someone who is a type A, hold people accountable type but people still feel like they’ re a “ people person”. Hire and grow talent, warehouse has typically high turnover and is mainly staffed by college students – would like to have more stability and control turnover. Current warehouse is a unorganized because there isn’ t an ERP system in place – they have barcode scanners and “ should” know where items are but this isn’ t always the case. Again, looking for analytical data driven person who can hold people accountable, bring KPI’ s, make recommendations to optimize the warehouse and shipping functions.
This position will require a proven record of high performance, accountability, and reliability in a leadership role. You can expect the Warehouse Manager to be a working position that directs and controls all elements of the warehouse network with the ability to solve problems/implement solutions.
Initiatives will focus on improving current process efficiency, material flow, labor productivity on a daily/hourly basis, quality, safety and space utilization. No job should be too big or too small for this position.
- Overseeing receiving, warehousing and distribution operations.
- Overseeing a team of full-time and temporary employees, ensuring the highest levels of training are met, appraising individuals when necessary, and cultivating leaders
- Implementation of all company policies/procedures, employee safety and customer centric practices.
- Creating and implementing continuous improvement initiatives that reduce cost of operations and improve service level, capacity, productivity and quality.
- Participates in annual budget preparation and budget management.
- Responsible for the hiring, development, and retention of distribution center staff to include the highest quality individuals to support continuous improvement, succession planning and future growth of the business.
- Drive operational excellence and best practices to improve quality, service, cost, & safety
- Maintaining documentation and keeping accurate records of warehouse activities.
- Prepare and manage departmental budgets.
- Supervise the activities of workers engaged in receiving, storing, testing, and shipping products or materials.
- Issue shipping instructions and provide routing information to ensure that delivery times and locations are coordinated.
- Confer with department heads to coordinate warehouse activities, such as production, sales, records control, or purchasing.
- Review invoices, work orders, consumption reports, or demand forecasts to estimate peak delivery periods and to issue work assignments.
- Bachelor’ s Degree in a pertinent field or the equivalent experience garnered from at least 10 years’ work experience in a related field.
- Working knowledge of the process of generating receiving/shipping documentation for the receipt/shipment of packages
- Strong computer application and excel skill especially with WMS or ERP systems as well as shipping software tools utilized by major carriers (UPS, FedEx, etc.).
- Ten years’ experience in receiving/shipping to include at least 5 years’ experience in the leading of teams performing these functions.
- A proven track record of building and developing strong supply chain organization and aligning internal resources with external customer expectations
- Must possess outstanding communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Must possess strong leadership and employee relations skills with a focus on engagement.
- High standard of integrity and reliability; able to build trust & loyalty with others.
- Experience with performance metrics, (KPI’ s) process improvement and lean techniques