Steele, AL 35987
General Purpose of the Job
Ensure that all departmental operations are running effectively in the aspects of SQCDM. Recognize research and develop improvement activities with a common goal of company success.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Direct responsibility for maintaining high standards of manufacturing operations, product quality and reliability, on time delivery, productivity, and safety to meet established goals.
- Ensure department operating efficiency goals are met.
- Ensure that a safe and clean work environment is maintained.
- Manage daily operations to meet demand, cost, quality and regulatory requirements.
- Build and maintain an effective team focused on continuous improvement aligned with the strategic objectives of the company Business Plan.
- Investigate, report and initiate solutions to cost, quality, and safety issues.
- Daily monitoring of coordinator and team leader floor activity for departmental compliance.
- Monitors scrap production and reduction efforts.
- Can manage in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities, also having a strong attention to details.
- Develop operating budgets; participate in cost reduction programs which are consistent with the short and long-term strategy of the company Business Plan.
- Responsible for the following reports: Quality trouble reports, monthly management review reports, weekly production reports.
- Manage, coach, counsel, and guide your direct reports with daily activities; such as, production flow and delegation, as well as clearly formulating expectations, goals, accountability, and professional development plans.
- Conduct annual review of all controlled documents, including the departmental documents to ensure the use and accuracy.
- Must be able to work in a team environment.This position manages all associates of the department and is responsible for the performance management and hiring of the associates within that department.
- Assistant Manager
- Coordinator I
- Team Leaders
- Directs (Hourly)
- Risk Management
- Performance Management
- Ethical Conduct/Discretion
- Communication Proficiency
- Time Management
- Technical Capacity
- Results Driven
Bachelor’ s Degree (BA) from four-year College or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.